The following interview was conducted by a nerd, not just any nerd a super-nerd. Well I can’t think of a better opening than that at 1:46am so deal with it. There is this book clock tag going around I saw on Youtube. I mean somebody told me there were nerds talking about books on the Internet. I don’t read and can hardly write. The interview below is unscripted, raw and will probably be 300 times better than anything in the new sequel movies coming to a over-priced theater to audiences soon! Forgive me for not having any 3D CGI spinning 360 shots with lens flares as my animators are on holiday. (cue dramatic interview music)
1. How fast do you read? – Speed is ill relevant in comparison to the power of The Force!
2. How many books do you read in a year? – Books do not concern the Sith. (Vader looks shamefully down at his mechanical feet) I’ve been a subscriber to Teen Beat for 12 years now since Watto made that bet with the spice trader when I was 4. (Vader begins to cry)
3. How many books are on your TBR pile/list? – I want to finish War & Peace but the peace section is just too peaceful for the tastes of a Sith! And I still have to finish the 87th Harry Potter book.
4. Based on how many books you have to read, and how many book you read in a year, how long will it take you to get to the end of your TBR pile/list? – I’ve harnessed the power to live forever so your pitiful time constraints do not concern me nerdy blogger!
5. How many years have you been reading? – Who wants to know? (Vader looks out to the distant stars, possibly to Tatooine.) I’ve…I’ve never been able to read. I was a damn slave for Sith’s sake!!
6. Based on how many books you read in a year and how many years you’ve been reading, how many books have you read in your lifetime? – Huh? Ummm… The average airspeed of an unladen Swallow is roughly 24 miles an hour.
7. How many hours do you spend reading in a week? – 29 – There is not much else to do when recharging my life-support suit in my Darth Pod.
8. How many hours do you spend in book-related activities other than reading in a week? (Booktubing, bookblogging, book shopping, etc) – Nerds bow before the might of Lord Vader! (Vader scratches his chin then remembers he can’t actually touch his face) Maybe 3, Mostly dealing with Imperial TPS reports.
9. Would you like to change that ratio? I will do as the emperor commands!
10. Anything else you’d like to add? And who do you want to tag? – You rebel nerds with your fancy wordage and collector edition Harry Potter bookmarks with see your day in the court of a Sith Lord! And I tag my home-dog Boba Fett!